Back then, Pensão Nova Sintra (Nova Sintra Guest House) was highly regarded for its quality lodging, and for its restaurant and terrace as well.
In 1985, the management was handed to Amadeu Bernardo and his sons, Rui Bernardo and Ana Gavinho.
1997 was a very important year to this hotel unit. A great makeover took place from February 1997, and the hotel reopened in March 1998.
1998 was the first year from this new phase, considering that Expo 98 was an important vehicle for marketing the hotel, since many guests from back then are still regularly visiting and recommending us.
In the course of 11 years of hard work, from 1998 to 2009, many investments took place with the goal to improve the service we provide to our beloved customers.
2009 was a very important mark in the life of the hotel. The management was asked by the Turismo de Portugal (the central public authority responsible for promotion, enhancement and sustainability of Tourism activities) to be rated as an Hotel, for its recognized increased quality.
After several inspections from Turismo de Portugal entities, we were rated as a 2-star Hotel in December 2010 with a score of 191 points , when only a minimum of 138 points are required by law.
We kept the name “NOVA SINTRA” for our customers and to pay homage to the family that runs this HOTEL since 1946.